what we believe
What we believe comes from the truth of God’s Word and is what guides us as church family.
- That Jesus Christ is the one and only son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (I Corinthians 14:1-8)
- That the Bible is the inspired word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
- That every person has worth as a creation of God, but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. (John 3:16)
- That those desiring to accept Christ should repent and turn to the Lord, confess their faith and be baptized by immersion into Him. (Romans 10:8-10; Acts 2:38)
- That the Church is the body of Christ on Earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to save the lost and edify the saved. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- That Jesus will one day return and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- That everyone is created to exist forever. Every person will either exist in eternal union with God in heaven through salvation in Jesus Christ or eternally separated from God in hell due to a rejection to accept and follow Jesus Christ. (John 11:25-26)
Established in 1878, Greenville First Christian flourished for years at the corner of Main and Prairie Streets. In 1962, the congregation moved into its current location at 1100 Killarney Drive. To accommodate a growing number of members, a balcony and additional sanctuary seating were added, as were classrooms, the Family Life Center, and the Kidventure — children’s wing in 2005. Darryl Bolen, long-time pastor retired in the summer of 2017. The same year, Tyson Graber began leading as we continue to reach people for the sake of Christ in our community.
While Covid is currently affecting our church family in many ways, we are confident in the hope that changes everything.
GFCC is a nondenominational church established through the restoration movement and welcomes all believers and seekers.
VISION – MISSION – VALUE
Hope Changes Everything
1 Peter 1:3-15, 1 Timothy 4:10, Romans 15:13
Love God – Love People – Serve All
We value Biblical truth
We value making bold disciples
We value all people
We value being relevant
We value generosity
We value unity in the Spirit