The Family Life Center and other areas of the church are available for activities, programs and events. Reservations are required to use the facility and a nominal fee is charged with the exception of non-profit groups. You can download the information and application packet below.
You can submit a reservation request on the form below. By filling this form out, please understand this is simply a request to rent the building. We will respond by phone or email to confirm and finalize details during normal office hours. A complete building use agreement is required as well as payment before any event is officially on the calendar.
Return and complete the “Building Use Agreement” to confirm your reservation.
Click this link to download the form: RulesforBuildingUseUpdatedAugust2018
BUILDING USE GUIDELINES
- Ministry activities are the #1 priority for building use and will take precedence.
- Schedule your event through the office during normal office hours (Mon- Thurs 8 a.m. – 5 p.m./ Friday 8a.m.-noon).
- Only approved activities with a corresponding building use form are allowed. No one is to be in the building for any events, meetings or impromptu activities.
- A proof of insurance is required to be on file for any organized sports teams (see SPORTS TEAMS section for additional clarification).
- Anyone under the age of 18 attending an approved event must be accompanied by an adult.
- The building is not available to be reserved during any church services (Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. or Sunday from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.).
- You can only schedule events 3 months in advance. Weddings are the only exception.
- Activities by people or groups where the exchange of money or marketing a product or service is required are not allowed except when used as fund-raising activities for church groups or non- profit organizations (including Sonrise Christian Education Center, Restore Network and FCC Preschool). All profits must be designated for the church group/ organization. This rule does not apply to church-sponsored groups/speakers who are selling their materials.
- The person signing the building use form must be present during the entire event and is ultimately responsible for supervising and notifying the church of any damage, emergency or other situation that may arise during the event. All accidents & emergencies should be reported to the church office or to a member of the staff as soon as possible, following the notification to authorities if applicable.
- Groups/individuals are responsible for their own set up and tear down. The church does not supply plastic table cloths, paper goods or other supplies for your event.
- Smoking is prohibited, in any form, through the use of tobacco products (pipes, cigars and cigarettes) or “vaping” with e-cigarettes.
- No alcoholic beverages or dancing will be permitted on the premises.
- Because of insurance restrictions, no skateboards, skates, or rollerblades are allowed on church property.
- Heating, cooling, lighting and sound equipment may be controlled only by custodians or other authorized individuals. If you need sound, projection or other special needs see below in “additional fees.”
- No church property shall be removed from the premises.
- The building is not available to the community on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day Thanksgiving (Thurs & Fri) or the days surrounding Christmas, so the maintenance and cleaning staff can observe these holidays with their family. Members can inquire about alternatives by calling the office.
- The fee to reserve specified areas of the church building between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. will be charged a $25 non-refundable rental fee. See “Application for Use of Facilities” for a complete list.
- Non-profit organizations are exempt and must have insurance on file.
- Non-profit sports teams are required to show proof of insurance and list the church as an additionally insured on their certificate. See “Sports Teams” section below.
- Unlock the building before 8 a.m. or any event scheduled after 9 p.m. (these are out of the ordinary schedule of our staff and require additional hours) – add $25
- Audio/ Visual Use in the FLC – $25 – $100 depending on the complexity. If A/V is required in any area contact the worship department for fees and scheduling, email@example.com. This must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. It is the renter’s responsibility to coordinate with the worship arts department, not the main office. An additional fee should be paid directly to the sound technician the day/night of the event.
The named person on the reservation form is responsible for cleaning after the event and is returning all church equipment to its proper location in working order. We reserve the right to collect a $50 cleaning fee following the event if the area is left unclean and the trash is not disposed in the outside dumpsters.
- Any organized sports teams can schedule practices in the building, but an insurance waiver must be on file from the school or from the organization.
- Any non-profit travel team must work in conjunction with all coaches interested in using the building during the specified season. Those coaches will be required to meet together prior to the season and submit a schedule approved by all coaches involved to the main office. The schedule should be received one month at a time.
- Coaches must be the first to arrive and the last to leave each practice. If the coach is not present athletes must stay under parental supervision. Any athletes left unattended risk the team’s ability to practice in the facility.
Additional Rules for Family Life Center
- It is required that you leave the space in the same layout you found it. A new room diagram is located in the table closet and in this packet
- No spikes, street shoes, or black-soled shoes in the FLC for sports activities.
- Bathrooms and showers are provided in the FLC, accessible from both the gym and the foyer.
- The gym can accommodate 400 people and the reception room accommodates 96 easily with the tables available for each area.
- Decorations must be moveable and non-marring. Items from the closet in the Reception Room are available for use, but must be returned to the closet following the event. There are various cloth tablecloths in the closet, but not necessarily full sets. If you use them they must be washed and returned within 2 days. If you plan to use these table cloths, please advise the church office to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Kitchen equipment and dishes may be used with the understanding that they will be left as found. Rules specific to the kitchen are posted on the refrigerator and must be followed.
- Disposable goods in the kitchen (paper products, plastic-ware, coffee, plastic table cloths, etc.) are not to be used, with the exception of garbage bags and paper towels.
Additional Rules for FELLOWSHIP HALL
- The Fellowship Hall is available after 6:30 p.m. during the week (except Wednesday) and various times on the weekend.
- 12 tables and 70 folding chairs are available in the Fellowship Hall.
- Toys stored in the closet are the use of Sonrise Daycare and not available for use.
- All weddings must be put on the calendar through the church office. Dates and times for weddings (not to be scheduled after 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays) and rehearsals must also be cleared through the officiating minister.
- A Wedding Packet should be picked up from the church office at the time a wedding is scheduled. The packet contains detailed information about having a wedding at GFCC, including the fees for custodian, wedding hostess, minister, sound technicians.
- A $50.00 nonrefundable deposit is required of everyone reserving the church for a wedding. This fee must be paid at the time the wedding is put on the church calendar.
Failure to abide by these rules and guidelines will result in a “ban from use” of these facilities