Our Children’s program FCC Kidz is led by our Children’s Pastor, Eris Ridens, with the help of Michelle Stilt, our Early Childhood Coordinator. We have something for birth through 5th-grade. Sunday and Wednesday night programming will help your child become connected to the Church, while meeting new friends and engaging in fun activities. Most importantly, they will have opportunities to learn about what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We are here to help families and parents disciple children into a loving relationship with their Creator & Savior– Jesus!
Our Mission for all kids is that they . . .
Know Christ, Understand God’s Word, Grow in their Faith, and Share God’s love.
Great news! With careful planning, we’re excited to open our FCC Kidz ministry on Sunday, September 13th. Here’s a link to the detailed re-opening plan, to help provide a safe environment.
FCC Kidz is an important part of our mission as we partner with you to lead your kids to grow in their walk with Christ. Plus, it’s just so much fun, and we’ve missed learning and laughing with your children over the past couple months! I’m so thrilled to be able to welcome families back into our kids area this weekend, for the 9:30 am service only. Our classrooms will be at a 50% capacity, so if you are planning on coming- you will need to follow these links to register your kids!
Like our redesigned Adult worship services, we’re taking additional steps to keep our FCC Kidz environments safe (and fun) for your family! When you arrive, be ready for a redesigned check-in/out process to help support a safe environment.
Parent’s will register online. Upon arrival we will check their attendance, offer hand sanitizer, check their temperature, and ask them these questions. (There will be no stickers at this time.)
- Does your child have fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath? Y/N
- Has your child or anyone in the household traveled outside the country in the past month? Y/N
- Has your child come into contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19? Y/N
- Is anyone in your child’s household experiencing sign of illness? Y/N
- Check in stations will be sanitized and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Temperatures of all people entering the FCC Kidz environment will be taken, including volunteers. Only those with temperatures below 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit will be allowed to enter the FCC Kidz environment. If a parent, child or volunteer has a temperature above 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, they will be invited to watch online.
- Only one parent, the same parent, should drop-off and pick-up to help with safety and limit hallway traffic.
- All children and staff will be required to wear masks; children need to have their masks upon arrival.
- You’ll see lots of big waves, but let’s avoid hugs, high-fives, and handshakes.FCC KIDZ REOPEN PLAN
In addition to the redesigned check-in process, we’re taking extra care inside each room, too!
- Each classroom will be limited to 50% occupancy.
- Outside toys and snacks will not be permitted in the classrooms. We will not be serving children snacks.
- If pacifiers and premade bottles are brought, we are asking that parents label them with the child’s name.
- Classrooms will not intermingle. Once a child is checked in, that is the classroom they will stay in until they are picked up.
- Hand sanitizer and gloves (infant & Toddler rooms) will be available in all classrooms.
- Classrooms and toys will be sanitized between services.
- Cleaning checklist includes: toys, surfaces, diaper changing areas, door handles, bathrooms and furniture.
- Diaper bags are restricted at this time. Disposable diapers will be provided. If a parent chooses to use cloth diapers, put a clean diaper in a gallon size Ziploc bag with the child’s name clearly marked. The soiled diaper will be placed in the same bag for return.
Of course, we’ll need to work together to help keep kid’s area a safe place for everyone, so please stay home and participate in church online if your child has had a fever in the past 14 days, shows any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
If you have any questions about what to expect, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. Our whole team is here for you and your family.
FCC requires all students and adults that will be using FCC transportation to fill out a medical release form. This year, we are using SmartWaiver and this form must be done online. This form is good for the whole 2020 year.
Nursery services are available at all of our weekend services for birth – 3 years old. Please use the check-in to register your child. Providing your cell phone number helps stay in contact if there is a need to alert you during the service. If you chose to take your newborn to the services, and you need to step out, we do offer a Family Room, located in room 218.
Sunday School (Currently Online Only)
Follow us on YouTube
Sundays at 9:45 am. We have Sunday school classes for kids of all ages. This is a great time for kids to learn Bible stories, how to use their Bibles, and more.
We are currently using “The Gospel Project” across all ages during the Sunday school hour each week.
It is God’s plan to rescue His people from sin through the life, death, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. And it changes everything. Moral stories become a master plan. A church becomes a culture of grace. Good deeds become a holy mission.
The Gospel Project exists to point kids, students, and adults to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through weekly group Bible studies and additional resources, all ages discover how God’s plan of redemption unfolds throughout Scripture and still today, compelling them to join the mission of God.
1st – 5th Graders Sunday Mornings during 1st (8:30am) and 2nd (10:45am) service and on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm When there’s no Station programming. Kidz church has high energy worship, fun games, lessons, and small group time to discuss what we have learned. It meets downstairs in the Kidz room, at the botttom of the slide. All kids should check in before heading to the programming,
Preschool – Kindergarten Sunday Mornings during 1st (8:30am) and 2nd (10:45am) service and on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm. Lil’Kidz is our church service for our preschool through Kindergarten aged children. It is a great time with games, crafts, a snack, and lesson geared to children in this age range. It meets downstairs in the Lil’Kidz/Preschool room.
1st – 5th Graders Kidz Club meets at various times throughout the year, as an extension of FCC Kidz Ministry. Giving kids the opportunity for additional learning, growth in their faith and fun. Kidz Club is led by Tiffani Graber.
Currently not meeting due to Covid restrictions
4 Year Olds – 5th Graders Wednesday nights 6:30-7:30pm, during the school year. Wednesday Night Stations are a great time for kids to get refilled during the week through learning and fellowship. We gear Station towards the learning of scripture and the practical application of that knowledge. Oh yeah, we also have a ton of fun!
“Finding Jesus” is a class led by Eris is for kids and their parents who are seeking to know more about baptism and taking that next step in their faith.
Here’s a link to the booklet that we review during the class. Reach out to Eris if you would like a copy!
(please note, page 2 of the booklet is intentionally left blank)
618.664.0350 Ext. 106
618.664.0350 Ext. 109