HIGHER GROUNDS INFORMATIONMissions We Support
- Bond Christian Service Camp
- Bond County Food Pantry
- Cookson Hills
- EIU Campus Ministry
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Good News Productions
- Habitat for Humanity – Bond Co
- Haitian Christian Outreach
- Harvest Prayer Ministry
- International Conference on Missions
- Lincoln Christian University
- Mustard Seed Nagoya Japan
- Mid-India Church Partners
- Ninos de Mexico
- Polish Christian Missions
- Pregnancy Support Center
- Racers For Christ
- Restoration House/Ed Plumier
- St. Louis Christian College
- The Simple Room
- Lost and Found Ministries
Greenville FCC provides these links to independent missions which we support financially and through prayer. Each mission organization is individually responsible for the content on their own website.
Missions in our building
- September – Jessie Lirios
- October – Operation Christmas Child
- November – Toys for Joy
- December – Student Ministry Scholarships
- January – FCC Preschool
- February – The Restore Network
- March – Sonrise
- April – Student Ministry CIY trip
- May –
Want more information on how Higher Grounds works? Click Here
Special Projects & Trips
- April 10, 2018 – Day Trip to Inner City Mission in Springfield, IL. Need a group of 6 to install some closet shelving, install a new toilet, do some painting and other general maintenance/cleaning projects. Will leave church parking lot at 7:30 a.m. and return by 5 p.m.
- April 20 and 21, 2018 – Corn Sacking for Bryantsville Huger Relief Project near Mitchell, Indiana. Need a group of 8 to sack and package 700 bags of food grade corn to be shipped to needy families overseas. Will leave church parking lot at 9:30 a.m. on April 20 and will travel to Springmill State Park to visit a pioneer village and take in the sights of a beautiful park in the springtime. Will spend the night at Holiday Inn Express in Bedford, IN. Corn sacking project will take place on Saturday, April 21. Should be headed for home by 5 p.m. and back to GFCC by 8 p.m.
- May 3-5, 2018 – Bond Christian Camp Work Days. Contact Jim Quick at 618-326-7114 for information.
- July 14 – 21, 2018 – Ninos de Mexico. We have the opportunity to tag along on a trip to Ninos with a group from Westside Christian Church in Springfield. Have room for a group of 4. Cost is approximately $1200 per person, but mission budget will help cover approximately half of your cost. Please let Marvin Warner know ASAP if you are interested.
- October 28 – November 3, 2018 – LOT 25:40 in Appalachian region of North Carolina. This mission provides a variety of services to meet the physical and spiritual needs of people in a downtrodden region. Tasks will include serving in a food pantry, soup kitchen, thrift store, and light carpentry work. We can take a group of 12 or more on this trip. More details later.
If you are interested in helping with any of these mission/service opportunities, then please contact Marvin Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 830-1407.
- Nicaragua Evangelism with New Testament Bibles delivered
- Weekend Backpack Food Program: Bond County Schools
Haitian Christian Outreach – Infant Care Kits (Packed on November 2, 2017)
Additional Special Projects are considered throughout the year as funds are available.
Mission Team Paradigms
- Greenville First Christian Church is accountable to the missions it supports by setting an annual budget and adhering to that budget as closely as possible throughout the year.
- Greenville First Christian Church is responsible for notifying the representative of missions when support is increased, decreased, or otherwise changed prior to the change occurring.
- Missions being supported are accountable to Greenville First Christian Church by providing annual reports, monthly updates, and other communications as available regarding the work of the mission.
- The representatives of the supported missions are responsible for notifying the mission team of FCC of any occurrences that impact the need to support the mission work.
Mission Team Leadership
The mission team meets monthly to review missions news and upcoming mission support events. Contact Marvin or Teresa Warner to get connected.