Mission Update during Covid-19
Easter Hope Offering (Love Offering)
The Easter HOPE Offering is on pause during this time. We plan to reengage this generosity initiative at a later time. You can continue to contribute. These projects are not urgent in relationship to the current crisis our world is facing at this time.
The entire country is on lock down. However, many laborers who had jobs in the cities are moving back to the countryside because of a lack of food. This creates problems for continued spread of the virus, finding enough food for the people, etc.
Ninos de Mexico
Resources are currently tight because of reduced funding from impacted donors. Have turned away 11 children because of limited resources.
Edwards in Taiwan
Taiwan reacted quickly to the virus, and has had good success in minimizing its effects. However, tight restrictions make it difficult to plan for usual summer events, camps, etc. Please pray for Edward’s family as their two daughters are at Ozark Christian College. The global pandemic makes it difficult when family members are apart.
Haitian Christian Outreach
All the schools are closed in Haiti, and the lock down is difficult as most people live day to day. Estimates indicate that up to 800,000 could die related to Covid-19 in Haiti. Please pray for staff of HCO and Peredo Hospital.
Missions We Support
- Good News Productions
- Haitian Christian Outreach
- International Conference on Missions (ICOM)
- Mid-India Christian
- Mustard Seed Network
- Ninõs de Mexico
- Operation Restoration-Bolivia
- Pioneer Bible Translators
- Polish Christian Missions
- Team Expansion – Edwards in Taiwan
- Harvest Prayer Ministry
- Lincoln Christian University
- Ozark Christian College
- Restoration House
- St. Louis Christian College
- Cookson Hills
- EIU Christian Campus House
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Ignite Church Plant
- Restore Christian Church
- Bond Christian Service Camp
- Bond County Food Pantry
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lost & Found Ministries
- Pregnancy Support Center
- Restore Network
- The Simple Room
- Core Communities
- Day Trips – Love Packages and Inner City Mission
Greenville FCC provides these links to independent missions which we support financially and through prayer. Each mission organization is individually responsible for the content on their own website.
Missions in our building
- FCC Preschool
- The Restore Network
- Sonrise Daycare
- Benevolence to members of our church family as well as members of our community.
Higher Grounds is currently on a break due to COVID-19.
Special Projects & Trips
- Love Packages – Day Trip date to be determined.
- Inner City Mission – Day Trip date to be determined.
Additional Special Projects are considered throughout the year as funds are available.
Mission Team Paradigms
- Greenville First Christian Church is accountable to the missions it supports by setting an annual budget and adhering to that budget as closely as possible throughout the year.
- Greenville First Christian Church is responsible for notifying the representative of missions when support is increased, decreased, or otherwise changed prior to the change occurring.
- Missions being supported are accountable to Greenville First Christian Church by providing annual reports, monthly updates, and other communications as available regarding the work of the mission.
- The representatives of the supported missions are responsible for notifying the mission team of FCC of any occurrences that impact the need to support the mission work.
Mission Team Leadership
The mission team meets monthly to review missions news and upcoming mission support events. Contact Marvin or Teresa Warner to get connected.