Sunday: 8:30 and 10:30 AM.
Our weekly worship services provide various ways for attendants to participate in glorifying God. These include worship through singing, partaking in communion, receiving of the Word, and the opportunity for generosity. At GFCC, we lean toward a more contemporary style of worship at our 10:30 a.m. service, while also maintaining a love for the styles of sung worship throughout Church history. We currently offer a traditional worship style at our 8:30 a.m. service.
The worship ministry is highly dependent on our servant-hearted volunteers. Led by our worship pastor, they lead and perform music for the congregation, operate sound/lights/video, and express praise to God in a variety of artistic ways. We are always looking for those with skills in these areas to be a part of this team.
Our audio/visual team serves during worship operating the sound, lights, projection and camera (live-feed). We welcome potential volunteers to shadow the team and identify which area they are interested in training. There is room to serve behind the scenes.
We have a children’s choir, Kidz Club, for 1-5 grades that perform a couple of times a year.
Our drama team performs occasionally in services, with one or two special events per year.
We’re also working to open up more opportunities for those with skills in film, photography, graphic design and other visual arts.
what is worship?
Worship is an opportunity to respond to God for His goodness and character, which has been especially evidenced in the work of Jesus Christ. As a vital aspect of the believer’s life, we gather in fellowship together, according to the Scriptures, in order to participate in glorifying God for His righteous character.
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”
As a result, we seek to allow the Holy Spirit to build up our individual and collective faith as we profess the truth of God and the Gospel among one another. This has been a practice of the Church since its inception, and we get to partake in the very same tradition every week. Worship, as a result, transcends our song choices, musical styles, or instrumentation. It is simply a reflection of the state of our hearts toward God, and our desire to see that He would dwell among us.
ways to serve in our worship ministry
- Rhythm Instrumentalist – plays bass, piano, keys, guitar, etc.
- Secondary Instrumentalist – plays brass, strings, folk instruments, etc.
- Vocal Team – assists in leading the congregation with the band and worship leader
- Media/Graphic Designer – creates visuals/logos for lyric backgrounds, sermon slides, web, etc.
- Photographer – takes photographs for promotion and worship use
- Audio Technician – engineers/mixes Sound for rehearsals/services/weddings/funerals
- Lighting Technician – operates house/stage lighting for rehearsals/services
- Projection Technician – displays video, lyrics, scripture, etc. for rehearsals/services
- Camera Technician – records video for services and for interviews/films for worship
- If you have an unlisted skill/talent that you would like to use to benefit the worship ministry and the church, we’d love to hear from you! Please add it to the location marked “other” within the application.
- For an application, please email Ben Allen using the button below.
Some of the tools we use every week include a digital audio mixer, aviom personal monitoring systems, live stream cameras, digital light board and ProPresenter software for iMac. We also schedule and organize the service through Planning Center Online. We don’t require you to be familiar with these tools before you apply – We offer training for all sound, video, lighting and camera technicians.